Saturday 5 August 2017

Strangers can be your Angels too

Sometimes memory of a stranger cannot be erased from our mind in life long, one of them. Stranger Rahul  Verma, a soldier, by profession was one such person in my life.
On 25th May, 2004, I reached Chandigarh by train at 6 a.m. but was oblivious about the upcoming happenings at Chandigarh. I visited there as a tourist.  In evening, I went to a beautiful garden which was heavily adorned and had a renowned Cafeteria situated at a stone throwing distance from my lodge. I took few photographs of the silent nature. In love with photography, I took candid shots of two people sitting at coffee shop. They were having their coffee. I offered them their photographs and at the same time we introduced ourselves. I noticed the change in their sullen faces as they came to know about my profession as a lawyer.
It seemed like a ray of hope for them. They started enquiring about my profession and my practice. On being satisfied with my credentials information and offered me a cup of coffee. Interested to know about the culture and I sat down with them but what came in my way was something different.
Mr. Rahul and his friend asked me “ Can you give us an advise?” I willingly agreed.
Mr. Rahul started like he had a small daughter whose name was Rashy. Thereafter he shared his personal details with me that yesterday he had received letter from his senior officer for joining the battle field and he had to go to there next week. He was worried for the future of her daughter.  Mr. Rahul had faced the worst phrase of life. Suddenly Mr. Rahul’s eyes were engulfed with tears followed by the past memories which he shared with me and said that he could not continue his studies due to financial crisis and he lost his parents when he was in class four. Even he failed to continue his higher studies though he had a dream to be a doctor. He was a brilliant student but his fate had decided something else for him.
Then, he called up her daughter….” Rashy…. Rashy (in a louder voice) please come here beti.. please come faster. I have come here with my daughter to see Mr. Arnab, my friend. My daughter lost her mother when she was 2 years old.”
Rashy came to me, leaving her playground and said “Hello ma’am, good evening.” Rashy was a sweet, innocent and intelligent girl which was clearly perceived by her appearance. Rashy then took out a bunch of flower from her portmanteau and offered the same to me. Mr. Rahul said “ I don’t want that my daughter suffers like me.. I will not let my heart wrenching story repeat in her life.”
That day I sat with those strangers for three hours. I missed few scheduled worth a watch places of the city but my heart felt happy that I did something which suited my profession well - gave them sound and correct advise. These three hours along with satisfaction also gave me new friends.
Within a week Rahul made hand written Will followed by my advise. He handed over the same to his best buddy(Mr. Arnab) before going to the battle field. Thereafter he informed me about his deeds.
Five years later….,   
   
Co-incidentally, I met Mr. Arnab in a shopping mall at Kolkata. On that day, I came to know that Mr. Rahul lost his life in that battle field but he took the responsibility of executing his Will and the responsibility of Rashy too.

Fifteen years later…………,
Once again I settled down my mind for going to a Chandigarh trip. I took the same lodge there from where I went to the same cafeteria which gave me the reminder of Rashy. For a while, I was being nostalgic followed by the memory of sweet Rashy. Few question were automatically shaking me…”How is  Rashy now? Why do I miss her so much!!! Is she in any trouble?
I didn’t have any answer to my questions as there was no one from whom I could get any information related to Rashy. I had been always bolstered by following Rashy’s memory…. a sweet girl with her curly brown hair and having big intelligent brown eyes.
Suddenly, a voice audible to me …“Good evening Madam,!!”  I looked back, a person wearing waiter’s uniform in black and white, offering me a cup of Coffee placed in a nicely decorated tray. Silent nature’s beauty had drawn my attention completely though many things had been changed which were noticeable in my eyes.
Suddenly, I felt everything was moving around me and I started sweating heavily which drenched my dress. Subconsciously, I was thinking “What is happening with me!!.. It is risky that I am alone here but my health…”
I was not able to recall any thing thereafter… I lost my sense instantly. Then I found myself in a doctor’s camp... I was informed by a nurse present over there that local people brought me here for my instant treatment. Then a sweet voice wishing me “Good Morning!!.. How are you feeling now?” I saw a sweet looking young lady whose face was much similar with Mr. Rahul’s face standing beside me, wearing a white apron and stethoscope was hanging around her neck. Then she checked my blood pressure and eyes. I was feeling that somewhere I had seen her,.. she might be known to me. I felt restless but could not recall that where I met her. 
I softly replied her with low voice “I am ok now”... 
 Then she moved on, she was busy for the treatment of wounded soldiers who were lying next to my bed. I waved my hand and call that young lady doctor, then asked her “may I know your name please..?”  Then she said with big smile “ Rashy Verma”. Few drop of tears were automatically coming out from my eyes and she wiped out those tears with her soft hand.  I accumulated more strength within me and asked that why she had chosen this profession and she answered that my father was a soldier who lost his life in the battle field. My father wanted to see me as a doctor as he had a dream to be doctor. Instantly, Rashy’s eyes were shining with tears  ...”So I chose this profession and am serving to these soldiers.” I asked her “ may I know your father’s name?”
Rashy replied “Sure… His name is late Mr. Rahul Verma. I lost him when I was 10 yrs. My uncle took care of me thereafter”
I was feeling so satisfied by seeing her and by the conversation I came to know that Mr. Arnab, said her the entire story. Even I was surprised to know that my name was also in her knowledge.  She was so thankful to me when I disclosed my name. Even She could easily recognize me. I talked to Mr. Arnab over phone and he said the entire story to me.  
Now, I am 62 years.. still that voice echoing in my mind when Rashy was saying her name to me and I say thanks to God that I was able to save Mr. Rahul’s dream by giving him a worthy suggestion. Mr. Rahul made a privileged will in favor of his daughter and appointed Mr. Arnab as guardian of her daughter. Rashy’s life was secured due to that reason and Mr. Rahul’s soul got relief.
This blog has been written with the intention to create awareness in the lives of many such Rahuls. This blog will be successful even if one Rashy gets a better future.



Thanking You.
DiL SE WiLL is wishing you a long and healthy life.
We celebrate your success in life.
Let’s add the awesomeness in our lives.
Author:  Shreya Nandi (Legal- executive officer at  DiL SE WiLL)


No comments:

Post a Comment